Tuesday, February 14, 2006

the dan...the donald...the danold.

Today was one of those days where I came to work really ambitious about getting a whole slew of work finished. Needless to say... despite all my efforts... It didn't happen. (I know, I know, this is a reacurring pattern in my life.) But in all honesty, I really did have the determination to work like I do when I only have 3 hours left to finish a Theological research paper. Unfortunately, my day had plans of its own. I ended up stuck in meetings from 8am-2pm. Why can't the day call me up in the morning and say, "Hey dannyboy, it's 'Tuesday calling,' I've decided to screw up your entire day! Forget about being productive today, cause... it's not going to happen! It's never going to happen! Muahahahahahahahaah!" *Click* I wonder what a day of the week calling me would sound like? I assume it would be the same voice that's recorded in those electronic dictionaries... or maybe the voice of William Shatner! The Shat would most likely be the voice for 'Friday.'

In all honesty, the meetings weren't all that bad. In fact, I felt really good about being at work for a change. I felt like I was accomplishing something today. Eventhough I accomplished absolutely no real work at all, I felt like the conversations I had in the meetings were really quite meaningful.

My good friend Dan Donkers and I were talking about how he met Donald Miller. Both Dan and I have such high esteem for Mr. Miller. We both find his work remarkably intelligent and warm-hearted. I asked Dan, "What was meeting Donald Miller like?" He responded with how he was the type of guy that he wanted to befriend. I haven't even met the guy, but through reading his writings, I think I would come to the very same conclusion. I too would love to be friends with Donald Miller. In fact, if I ever do meet him, I would want to give him a CD of music he should listen to while he writes his next book. I think the CD would include the following:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - (The entire self-titled album)
Wilco (Various tracks from Kicking Television and A Ghost is Born.)
Broken Social Scene - You forgot it in People
Elton John (Some of his earlier stuff)
Nick Drake - Bryter Lyter
Mojave 3 - Spoons and Rafters and Excuses for Travellers)
The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl Vol 1 & 2
Bedhead - Exhume
In Medias Res - Of What Was
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

That's a good start I think. I'm pretty sure all this music just might overwhelm him.

currently listening to:
Counting Crows - August and Everything After

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home